Commodity-based and High-end Systems
- Commodity Systems under evaluation ; CS1 - CS13
- High-end systems from Cray, SGI, IBM and HP/Compaq
- Serial CPU and Communications Performance; Evaluation Metrics
- Molecular Simulation (replicated & distributed data)
- DL_POLY, DLMULTI and CHARMM
- Electronic Structure and Materials
- NWChem, GAMESS-UK and CPMD
- VAMPIR and instrumenting the GA Tools
- Computational Engineering (ANGUS and SBLI)
Notable Performance of Intel Xeon clusters with Myrinet:
- CS10 Xeon / 2666 cluster with Myrinet-2k delivers on average 82% of AlphaServer ES45/1000.
- Extreme Cost effectiveness of the CS12 Xeon / 2400 Cluster with Gbit Ethernet (Streamline) - delivers 75% of the AlphaServer ES45/1000.